Thursday 7 November 2013

Phew!

The past week has confronted me with some major challenges. I won't go into detail but the graduate job I began working at didn't turn out to be what I thought it would. I made a risky decision to resign but I'm looking forward to delving into a new job adventure.

Just so you know, I've been given a very exciting writing opportunity at The Daily Touch website (http://www.thedailytouch.com) so keep looking for my fashion articles which will be published from next week onwards! Also got some other volunteer-related things to look forward to doing!

It feels so good going for what I want to do. I'm currently learning to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, writing this blog, mentally preparing myself for tomorrow and organising my study schedule. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go two steps forward :-) 

I have therefore decided to go and find a part-time job, cut back on my spending, enjoy my free time to study, pass my exams and have time to spend with my boyfriend, family and friends. Tomorrow I'm going to an interview for a very exciting opportunity, which (fingers crossed) will work out. It would be absolutely brilliant!

I've mentioned it before on my blog but it really is my dream to become a primary school teacher. I love being around children it gives me the happiest feeling when I can assist in their learning. Due to personal circumstances I have experienced a delay in taking my GCSE examinations in Science and Maths, which is why I'm doing them now at the grand age of twenty-two! :-) Next year I will hopefully be applying for my PGCE at a university and I will then be able to apply for my dream job!

Here's a few pictures from my week:



Here's a picture of my new Cath Kidston bag. My previous one has lasted two years :-) but it now yellow at the handes! It's quite icky (excuse my terrible expression, there) and needed replacing as I couldn't fit my college folders inside any of my bags! I love this because it was actually very reasonably priced for Cath Kidston (especially with student discount!) and you can just fit so much inside! I want to call it the Tardis Bag - it is deceptively large! It's particularly useful for Science - I seem to have so many handouts!

Teaaaaaaa


I never buy nail varnishes but fancied trying out some colours on my nails for a change! I got this dark green and rosy red matte varnish by Barry M! :-) I'm hoping that they will look nice! I also picked up a 'Very Berry' face pack as I felt like having a pick-me-up after a hard week!

I'm also currently reading James Joyce's 'A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man' which is a very engaging read. The only problem is I'm finding that I'm too tired/feel guilty into doing something else, i.e. studying or job hunting. I'm going to make sure that I read much more this weekend :-) I've only got less than fifty pages left of this novel. I'm wondering what to start on next?

No comments:

Post a Comment