Thursday 12 September 2013

New job, new city.

Hey everyone! :-)

Life has been crazy as of late. I have recently moved to Norwich, as you know. I have also now just secured myself a job here. I am so excited to start - my first day is tomorrow! I'm going to be working for a fashion website :-) so I'm really looking forward to working with the team and helping expand the company. Too exciting! Fingers crossed that I can do the job well :-)


Due to my lack of internet connection (I have set up a temporary hot spot on my iPhone - I am eternally grateful for my free internet trial, Vodafone!), I have been very productive outside job hunting hours. I have had lots of time to read this week. I somewhow managed to find a copy of The Penelopiad in a random Oxfam bookshop in Nottingham last weekend! I'm looking forward to reading through my first Atwood novel (or is it a novella?) very soon. I have heard very good things about her work. At the moment I am finishing The God Delusion (2006) by Richard Dawkins. It is a truly fascinating book, however, the tone of his writing is somewhat arrogant. Dawkins, in spite of this, does validate the majority of his points he makes by backing them up with scientific evidence. I am only eighty pages from the end, so it'll be interesting to see what happens towards the end of his discussion! It is certainly thought-provoking, to say the least.

I have also been watching a lot of films, too! I have just finished watching My Neighbour Totoro (1988) which is, perhaps, the cutest film I have ever set my eyes on:


I have always heard good things about Studio Ghibli films. Growing up, I have always been fascinated by Japanese culture and even studied some of the language for a while (very, very basic!). I saw Spirited Away (2001) a few months ago at an independent cinema in Suffolk. It was so sweet to see in its original format and I don't think I had seen anything so innovative for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment